Deyin Instructor Training - Level 4
Intermediate Instructor – Level 4
Level 4 Modules
- Sun Style 73 Step Competition form
- 42 Step Taijiquan
- 42 Step Taiji jian
- Taiji Kung Fu Fan 1st set
- Theory & Lecture on Tai Chi Principles
Level 4 Requirements
- Promotion to level 4 is not automatic, even with satisfactory assessments in the required number of modules. Instructors will need to submit an application in writing for consideration.
- Minimum of 2 × Level 3 modules achieved with scores in excess of 8.0 in assessment.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Level 3 instructor from the day of qualification.
- Annual membership must have been kept up to date continuously throughout the minimum 2 year period leading up to Level 4 qualification.
- 2 out of 5 sets in the Level 4 list are required.
- Must have regularly taught Tai Chi and Qigong throughout the 2 years leading up to Level 4 qualification, teaching a minimum of 2 classes per week (or 8 classes per month) for no less than 35 weeks in a year.
- Instructors must have attended a minimum of 4 seminars or workshops with Master Tary or Faye (not including Health Qigong sets) for CPD, plus 1 Deyin Summer camp in the 2 year period.
- Instructors at Level 4 must be Nominated by Master Tary or Master Faye.
Level 4 Obligations
- Instructors should support Deyin seminars and events by taking part, and should encourage their students to partake for their continuing personal development.
- Actively Promote the Deyin Taijiquan Institute and the system we teach.
- Events or Seminars should be organised using Deyin as the front Logo.
- Recruit minimum of 10 students to join Deyin as members, and maintain or increase the level of membership each year.
- Revalidation of all qualified forms should be kept up to date. (Level 2 modules every 4 years, Level 3 & Level 4 modules every 2 years)
Level 4 Benefits
- Instructors may conduct seminars or training courses on behalf of the Deyin Taijiquan Institute
- Options to become a mentor to level 2 instructors, new instructors or instructors to be.
- At our invitation, the possible appointment to become a Level 2 revalidation assessor
- At our invitation, the possibility of conducting modules in the Level 1 instructor course at the Telford Centre.
- Level 1 modules will no longer require revalidation
- Additional discounts on certain selected Deyin seminars and courses (not including instructor modules)
Level 4 Notes
- Assessment on forms will take place at the end of each module.
- Only 2 of the 5 modules are required to achieve qualification. Instructors are nevertheless encouraged (but not required) to take on the rest of the Level 4 modules.