Deyin Instructor Training - Level 7
Master – Level 7
Level 7 Modules
- Wudang Dui Jian (Two Man Practice)
- Yang Style Long Form (81 Step)
Level 7 Requirements
- Promotion to Level 7 is not automatic, even with satisfactory assessments in the required number of modules. Instructors will need to submit an application in writing for consideration.
- All required modules in Level 6 achieved with scores in excess of 8.0 in assessment.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Level 6 instructor from the day of qualification.
- Annual membership must have been kept up to date continuously throughout the minimum 5 year period leading up to Level 7 qualification.
- 1 out of 2 modules in the Level 7 list are required.
- Must have regularly taught Tai Chi and Qigong throughout the 3 years leading up to Level 6 qualification, teaching a minimum of 2 classes per week (or 8 classes per month) for no less than 35 weeks in a year.
- Instructors must have attended a minimum of 20 hours with Master Tary or Faye (not including Health Qigong sets) for CPD, plus a Deyin Summer camp.
- Instructors at Level 7 must be Nominated by Master Tary or Master Faye.
Level 7 Obligations
- Level 7 Instructors must teach a minimum of 3 seminars/workshops every year (including a minimum of 2 seminars every 2 years on behalf of the Deyin Taijiquan Institute.
- Instructors should support Deyin seminars and events by taking part, and should encourage their students to partake for their continuing personal development.
- Actively Promote the Deyin Taijiquan Institute and the system we teach.
- Events or Seminars should be organised using Deyin as the front Logo.
- Instructors must take on an active role in representing Deyin nationally and internationally.
- Recruit minimum of 15 students to join Deyin as members, and maintain or increase the level of membership each year.
- Revalidation of qualified forms should be kept up to date. (Level 4 modules every 4 years, Level 5, 6 & 7 modules every 2 years)
Level 7 Benefits
- Options to become a mentor to instructors up to and including Level 5.
- At our invitation, the possible appointment to become revalidation assessor for all levels.
- At our invitation, the possibility of conducting modules in the Level 5 instructor course at the Telford Centre.
Level 7 Notes
- Assessment on forms will take place at the end of each module.
- Only 1 module is required to achieve qualification. Instructors are nevertheless encouraged (but not required) to take on both modules.