Deyin Instructor Training - Level 3
Intermediate Instructor – Level 3
Level 3 Modules
- Yang Style Long Form 88 Step
- Yang Style Broad Sword
- Sun Style Taiji jian (sword, short Version)
- Push Hands (4 Squares fixed steps)
Level 3 Requirements
- Promotion to Level 3 is not automatic, even with satisfactory assessments in the required number of modules. Instructors will need to submit an application in writing for consideration.
- Minimum of 2 × Level 2 modules achieved with scores in excess of 8.0 in assessment.
- 2 out of 4 modules in the Level 3 list are required.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Level 2 instructor from the day of qualification.
- Annual membership must have been kept up to date continuously throughout the minimum 2 year period leading up to Level 3 qualification.
- Must have regularly taught Tai Chi and Qigong throughout the 2 years leading up to Level 3 qualification, teaching a minimum of 2 classes per week (or 8 classes per month) for no less than 35 weeks in a year.
- Instructors must have attended a minimum of 4 seminars or workshops with Master Tary or Faye (not including Health Qigong sets) for CPD (continuing personal development), plus 1 Deyin Summer Camp in the 2 year period.
Level 3 Obligations
- Instructors should support Deyin seminars and events by taking part, and should encourage their students to partake for their continuing personal development.
- Actively Promote the Deyin Taijiquan Institute and the system we teach.
- Recruit minimum of 5 students to join Deyin as members, and maintain or increase the level of membership each year.
- Revalidation of all qualified forms should be kept up to date. (Level 1 modules every 4 years, Level 2 & Level 3 modules every 2 years)
- From level 3 upwards, instructors may be asked to join the Deyin Steering Committee to assist in drawing up plans for future events, plus any other matters where consultation with more experienced and committed Deyin Instructors is important. The committee will meet formally once a year, but there will also be consultation via phone and email.
Level 3 Benefits
- Options to become a mentor to new instructors or instructors to be, teach private lessons (fees to be negotiated between both parties).
- At our invitation, the possible appointment to become a Level 1 Revalidation Assessor.
- Welcome to assist in seminars or training courses on behalf of the Deyin Taijiquan Institute.
- Additional discounts on certain selected Deyin seminars and courses (not including instructor modules)
Level 3 Notes
- Assessment on forms will take place at the end of each module.
- Only 2 of the 4 modules are required to achieve qualification. While we do appreciate the difficulties in trying to maintain a significant number of forms to a high standard, instructors are nevertheless encouraged (but not required) to take on the rest of the Level 3 modules. This is to help maximise their understanding of all aspects of Taijiquan.